- Reconstruction will replace the existing 4-lane bridge with an 8-lane bridge
- Improvements will be made to the on- and off-ramps including a new loop ramp for northbound traffic
- Intersection improvements will be made at the Cherry Avenue and Valley Boulevard intersection, as well as other local street improvements.
The Cherry Avenue Interchange is currently in the construction phase. Construction is scheduled to begin in the Summer of 2012 and is expected to be completed by late 2014.
For updates throughout the construction phase, please see the Project Updates
Necessary to Facilitate Commerce
- This corridor is the principal truck route from Los Angeles to Arizona, Texas, and the Gulf Coast.
- Reconstruction will substantially reduce delays and improve access to key logistics hubs and centers.
Because of the stature of this project, funding for the I-10/Cherry Avenue Interchange Reconstruction comes from several sources.
- Federal Funds secured by Congressman Joe Baca
- State - Trade Corridor Improvement Program Funds
- Measure I Funds
- County of San Bernardino Funds
- City of Fontana Funds
This project will be realized through the partnership and cooperation of the California Department of Transportation
, the Federal Highway Administration
, the San Bernardino Associated Governments
, and the County of San Bernardino