- Reconstruction project will replace the existing 4 lane bridge with a 7 lane bridge
- Reconstruction will improve the on and off ramps
- Intersection improvements will be made at the Citrus and Valley Intersection as well as at the intersection of Citrus and Slover
- Improvements to local streets
The Citrus Avenue Interchange is currently in the construction phase. Construction began in April 2012 and is expected to be completed by early 2014.
For updates throughout the construction phase, please see the Project Updates
Necessary to Facilitate Commerce
- This corridor is the principal truck route from Los Angeles to Arizona, Texas, and the Gulf Coast.
- Project will substantially reduce delays and improve access to key logistics hubs and centers.
Because of the stature of this project, funding for the I-10/Citrus Avenue Interchange Reconstruction comes from several sources.
- Federal Funds secured by Congressman Joe Baca
- State - Trade Corridor Improvement Program Funds
- Measure I Funds
- County of San Bernardino Funds
- City of Fontana Funds
This project will be realized through the partnership and cooperation of the California Department of Transportation
, the Federal Highway Administration
, the San Bernardino Associated Governments
, and the County of San Bernardino