Lifeguard Training & Public Safety Personnel First Aid (Title 22)
Lifeguard Training & Title 22
The course content and activities prepare candidates to respond quickly and effectively to emergencies as well as prevent drowning and injuries. Successful course completion requires full participation in classroom and skill lessons, as well as successful performances in skill and knowledge evaluations.
Required prerequisites include:
- Must be able to swim 300 yards continuously (12 laps).
- Swim includes 100-yard front crawl, 100-yard breaststroke and your choice or a combination of 100-yard front crawl/breaststroke
- Must be able to swim 20 yards using front crawl / breaststroke, surface dive to a depth of 7 feet, retrieve a 10-pound object and return to the surface and swim 20 yards back to the starting point with the object in less than 100 seconds.
- Must be able to tread water without any arm movement for 2 minutes.
*Potential participants must complete prerequisites prior to enrolling in a lifeguard training class
- Age: Must be at least 15 1/2 years old
- Course Length: 40 hours
- Certificates Issued: Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED and Title 22
- Course Dates & Times:
- March 21-25, 2016, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Fees: $220 (additional $12 fee applies for non-residents)
* All fees and hours are subject to change. A $2 processing fee will be applied for any registration.