The City of Fontana is monitoring the evolving Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) situation. We are working with those (and advocating) at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure the needs of Fontana are met. It is important to remember that the virus is still with us. Therefore, we must continue to take steps to protect the safety of our family, friends, neighbors, employees, co-workers, customers, and others.
Daily Coronavirus cases as reported by the County.
|SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY|
298,976 Positive Cases (293,556 Recoveries)
743,751 Fully Vaccinated
40,063 Positive Cases
84,955 Fully Vaccinated
For information and resources, please select one of the icons below.
Information and resources highlights:
California Reopens Economy on Tuesday, June 15
The State of California will fully reopen its economy on June 15 — eliminating various restrictions and saying farewell to the color-coded county tier system we’ve been living under for the past several months. Beginning next Tuesday, everyday life here will largely return to pre-COVID norms. Restaurants, bars, retail stores, theaters, hotels and entertainment centers may return to usual operations — meaning no capacity limitations and no requirements for social distancing.
California will align with the revised mask guidelines recently announced by the CDC. This states: “Fully vaccinated people can resume activities without wearing a mask or physically distancing, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.” Unvaccinated or partially vaccinated individuals will still be required to wear facial coverings outside of their home. More information here.
Administrative Offices Reopen to the Public:
The lobby in the following offices is open to the public Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visitors are required to wear face coverings and will have temperatures taken upon entry.
- Fontana City Hall (8353 Sierra Ave.)
- Development Services Office (8353 Sierra Ave.)
- Police Department (17005 Upland Ave.)
- Public Works Department (16489 Orange Way)
The following offices are available by appointment:
- Human Resources (8491 Sierra Ave.) - Call (909) 350-7650 to schedule an appointment
- Community Services Department (16860 Valencia Ave.) - Call (909) 349-6900 to schedule an appointment
COVID Testing and Vaccinations in Fontana:
- The Jessie Turner Center is open for COVID-19 testing on Mondays from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Make an appointment here.
- The Jessie Turner Center is open for COVID-19 vaccinations Tuesdays - Saturdays from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Make an appointment here. NEED ASSISTANCE SCHEDULING A VACCINATION APPOINTMENT? Please call (909) 387-3911 or email coronavirus@DPH.sbcounty.gov.
*Please do not call any City of Fontana offices to schedule a COVID-19 testing appointment.