- 6:00 p.m.
- First and third Tuesday of every month
- Grover W. Taylor Council Chambers
8353 Sierra Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335
Agendas, Minutes & Videos
Please note: Meetings are televised on KFON TV
Agendas Prior to February 5, 2013
- View agendas prior to February 5, 2013, here.
How to submit public comments to the Planning Commission:
- Via email at Planning@fontana.org, if you would like your comment to be part of the agenda packet, your comment must be received by Noon on the Wednesday prior to the Regular Planning Commission Meeting. All comments received after Wednesday at Noon will be distributed to the Planning Commission prior to the meeting date. If you are submitting comments via email, please indicate the subject of your e-mail please indicate whether you are in favor or opposition of the item. Comments must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on the day of the meeting.
- Traducción en Español está disponible a petición. Favor de notificar al Departamento “City Clerk”, para más información llame al (909) 350-7602.
Members & Terms
The Planning Commission consists of five members, residents of the community, appointed by the City Council to serve a two-year term.
(L-R: Mathew Gordon (resigned), Idilio Sanchez, Cathline Fort, Raj Sangha, Ralph Thrasher)
|Cathline Fort, Chair|
Term: January 2021-2023
|Raj Sangha, Vice Chair|
Term January 2021-2023
|Idilio Sanchez, Secretary|
Term: January 2021-2023
|Ralph Thrasher, Commissioner|
Notice of Unscheduled Vacancy on Planning Commission
Click here to view the official notice (PDF) regarding the unscheduled vacancy on the Planning Commission.
For questions on this vacancy, please contact the City Clerk's Department at (909) 350-7602.
The Planning Commission consists of five members, residents of the community appointed by the City Council. The Commission holds regularly scheduled meetings to review development applications and proposals, as well as to make recommendations to the City Council on changes to the Development Code or land use policies for the City.
Notices for Commission meetings are mailed to all property owners within 660 feet of a proposed project or development. A legal ad is published in a newspaper of general circulation for the City of Fontana, and notices are posted on the public bulletin board at City Hall.
The City Council has authorized the City of Fontana Planning Commission to review and make decisions on a variety of land use matters such as:
- Alcohol Beverage Control (ABC) license requests
- Community Plans
- Conditional use permits
- Design reviews
The Commission also reviews and makes recommendations to the City Council on issues pertaining to:
- General Plan
- Land-use ordinances such as the Development Code
- Policy issues regarding development
- Specific Plans
- Zone changes
Decisions are reached at public hearings, and residents, business community members, and concerned citizens are encouraged to attend and participate in the discussion and decision process.