Business Resource Center
If you are interested in obtaining demographics for a specific area within the City of Fontana, please email with your request.
|Population within City Limits||204,961|
|Population Growth 2010-2016||4.54%|
Cost of Living numbers are based on the U.S national average of 100. For more information, visit Sperling's Best Places.
Business License Information
The Fontana Municipal Code requires all businesses operating (not necessarily located) within the City to be properly licensed as well as in accordance with the standards for Planning (Zoning), Building and Safety, and Public Health.
For more information, visit our business license page.
Your First Stop
The Economic Development staff recommends the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center as the first stop for any individual who is just getting stared or even just thinking about starting a business. This respected and credible organization also offers free classes.
We Are Here To Help
At the Economic Development Center, we can assist you in getting in contact with many Inland Empire organizations available that provide entrepreneurs with a full range of business services that include:
- Site Selection: Click here for a list of available commercial properties.
- Site Specific Demographics: If you want to find out who is in your potential market, let us know what area in the city you are interested in and we can provide you with site specific demographics.
- Loans: Acquiring a loan for your small business is an important step in getting your business off the ground. We do not offer loans. However, small business loan opportunities are readily available. Visit the Small Business Administration's Financial Assistance website for more information on loans.
In addition, our staff has created a Small Business Resource Brochure that contains important information for those who desire to start a small business in the City of Fontana. In this packet you will find information on the City’s Business Services Division, the Fontana Area Chamber of Commerce, the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center, and more.
For more information, please email or call (909) 350-6741.
Other Helpful Organizations
Inland Empire organizations are available to provide entrepreneurs with a full range of business services that include Finance programs, International trade counseling, Management training, Procurement assistance, Technical assistance, and technology training.
- Inland Empire Small Business Development Center
- Small Business Administration
- GO-Biz (California Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development). Visit California Business Navigator and Quick Start Guide for starting, growing, and expanding specific types of businesses within CA.
- SC.O.R.E (Southern California Organization of Retired Executives) is a nationwide nonprofit organization dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small business. SC.O.R.E is also a resource partner with the U.S Small Business Administration (SBA)
- Fontana Chamber of Commerce.
- AmPac Tri State CDC is a Certified Development Company of the U.S Small Business Administration developed as a non-profit corporation to provide SBA 504 loans to new and growing California businesses.