Departments / Sections
The Development Services Organization is in charge of ensuring that the growth, development, and redevelopment of the community are commensurate with the goals and objectives of the City Council and the General Plan.
The following are the departments/sections of the Development Services Organization:
- Community Development (Planning, Building and Safety and Fire Protection District)
- Public Works
The Administration Section oversees the three departments of the Development Services Organization and is responsible for the coordinated effort of improving the quality of life through development activities that provide economic viability and enhanced aesthetics in conjunction with Fontana City Council’s adopted goals and objectives.
The Development Services Organization’s Administration Section provides general overall direction, leadership, policy guidelines, administration, budget, annexation, real property/right of way, and accounting functions for the Organization. Administration also provides support functions for the Organization such as:
- Supports policy decisions
- Manages all level personnel supervision
- Supervises and supports clerical responsibilities
- Regulates and tracks development projects
- Coordinates with other City Departments
- Provides program-level supervision of the development projects within the Organization
COVID-19 Modified Closure
Effective Monday, December 14, visitors to the Development Services Organization (DSO) office will need to schedule an appointment. Appointments can be scheduled at (909) 350-7640 or firstname.lastname@example.org.