Residential Resource Center
Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP)
The Neighborhood Stabilization Program (NSP) was established for the purpose of stabilizing communities that have suffered from foreclosures and abandonment by purchasing and redevelopment of these homes. The program goal is to resell these homes to eligible buyers to become occupied, maintained and contributing to our community.
- Applicants must meet the HUD income limits
- Homebuyers must be able to qualify for mortgage
- Homebuyer must reside in their home as their primary residence for an affordability period.
- Applicants do not have to be First Time Homebuyers.
Applications are given when new property is ready to be sold. If you would like to learn more about the NSP program please take a look at the program brochure (PDF).
Please contact Valerie Gonzalez at (909) 350-6625 for availability.
Housing Rehabilitation Program (HRP)
City of Fontana is offering grants and deferred loans for the rehabilitation of owner-occupied, single family dwellings. A maximum one-time grant in the amount of $5,000 shall be provided to eligible low-and moderate income owner. In addition to the grant, loans up to $20,000 shall be made available to homeowners based on the amount of equity on their property. Loans will carry a 0% interest rate. Loans become payable upon of sale, refinance or transfer of the property.
- Applicant must meet the annual household income established by HUD.
- Applicant must occupy and be the homeowner of the property to be rehabilitated
- Property must be a single-family dwelling ( No mobile homes, Condos, etc.)
Some Eligible Repairs
- Paint- In and Outside Property
- Window Replacement
- New Flooring - Carpet
- Kitchen Cabinets
- Bathroom Remodel
Emergency Grant Program
The City assists homeowners with essential emergency repairs, there is an immediate threat to "health and/ or safety" The City provides up to $5,000 to make emergency repairs at NO CHARGE to homeowner, if they meet the program eligibility requirements brochure (PDF).
- Must be a Senior (62+), Disabled or Handicapped
- Applicant must occupy and be the homeowner of the property.
- Applicant must meet the income requirements stablished by HUD.
- Hazardous Electrical
- Plumbing Issues
- Sewer Line or Septic Tank Failure
- Water Heater Replacement
- Roof Replacement- Leak Problems
Repairs not listed will be reviewed on a case-by case basis and submitted to the committee for approval.
In order to Apply for the Program, you must complete the Emergency Grant Program Application (PDF), and submit it along with the required documentation to the Housing Department.
All repairs must be approved by the City of Fontana Housing Department. Any additional expense exceeding the program maximum will be the sole responsibility of the property owner. For more information contact Cynthia Perez at (909) 350-6720.
The Fontana Housing Authority offers a wide range of multi-family affordable housing options for Families and Seniors with low income households. In order to apply and be placed on the waiting list, please contact the facilities directly.
Applicants can find the list of facilities in the Housing Authority Brochure (PDF).
Requirements for Seniors:
- Have a live-in care taker ( age not considered).
- Have a handicapped grandchild who is dependent upon the senior for financial or physical care.
- Have a spouse who is 55 years of age or older.