What is Fontana Walks!
- Fontana Walks began as a challenge to the community to be more physically active for better health. Through help from partners, the program has continued and has offered taste tests/food demos, tips on how to include more fruits and vegetables into a daily lifestyle, as well as how to access free resources in the community.
Why should I join Fontana Walks!?
- Regular physical activity has been shown to help control weight and lower the risk of heart disease, stroke, type 2 diabetes, and depression.
- Walking is easy, free, and pays big dividends for an individual’s physical and mental well-being.
- Walking can do wonders for your mental health. Walking improves self-perception and self-esteem, mood and sleep quality, and reduces stress, anxiety and fatigue. "Physically active people have up to a 30% reduced risk of becoming depressed, and staying active helps those who are depressed recover."
- Whether residents walk on their own, in a group, or join a community walk led by City Council and Healthy Fontana, it is important to remember that “every step counts.”
Do we have to register for monthly walk events?
- No. Participants only need to register for the program one time. When you attend our monthly events, see Healthy Fontana staff to check-in. If your contact information changes, please let us know so you can stay up to date and receive our latest information. If you don't know if you are already registered or can't remember, contact us.
Do I need to register for each member of my family?
- Yes. Each family member needs to register individually and can receive their own incentives. If you need help registering your family members, contact us.
Can I register my pet?
- Yes. Healthy Fontana is now accepting pet registrations. Pet bandanas (Small/Medium and Large) are available for registered pets.
Can my pet attend the monthly walks with me?
- Yes. Healthy Fontana encourages you to bring your pets to the walks with you, but please respect others by keeping them on a leash and picking up after them. And, don't forget to bring water for your furry friends in case they get thirsty on the walk!
When can I pick up my incentives?
- Contact Healthy Fontana for available pick-up times. Due to other programming needs, staff may not be in the office at certain times. Please call or email prior to arriving.
Where do I pick up my incentives?
- Incentives can be picked up from the Community Services Department located at 16860 Valencia Avenue in Fontana, CA 92335. We are located just south of the Lewis Library & Technology Center.
Do I need to submit my steps?
- No. Participants do not have to submit steps, but there are great reasons to, including keeping you on track of your health journey as well as receiving fun prizes and incentives!