The City of Fontana is monitoring the evolving Novel Coronavirus 2019 (COVID-19) situation. We are working with those (and advocating) at the local, state, and federal levels to ensure the needs of Fontana are met. It is important to remember that the virus is still with us. Therefore, we must continue to take steps to protect the safety of our family, friends, neighbors, employees, co-workers, customers, and others.
Daily Coronavirus cases as reported by the County.
|SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY|
340,397 Positive Cases (331,308 Recoveries)
1,000,474 Fully Vaccinated
44,921 Positive Cases
117,173 Fully Vaccinated
For information and resources, please select one of the icons below.
Information and resources highlights:
Current Mask Guidance
California has statewide guidelines for wearing masks unless the local area has more (the City of Fontana aligns with California's current guidance). Masks are still required for everyone in some places, such as:
- Public transit
- Long-term care facilities
- Adult and senior care facilities
- Correctional facilities
- Homeless shelters, emergency shelters, and cooling centers
In other indoor public settings, masks are required for unvaccinated people and recommended for everyone. Examples:
- Family entertainment centers
Administrative Offices Reopen to the Public:
The lobby in the following offices is open to the public Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Visitors are required to wear face coverings and will have temperatures taken upon entry.
- Fontana City Hall (8353 Sierra Ave.)
- Development Services Office (8353 Sierra Ave.)
- Police Department (17005 Upland Ave.)
- Public Works Department (16489 Orange Way)
The following offices are available by appointment:
- Human Resources (8491 Sierra Ave.) - Call (909) 350-7650 to schedule an appointment
- Community Services Department (16860 Valencia Ave.) - Call (909) 349-6900 to schedule an appointment
COVID Testing and Vaccinations in Fontana:
- The Jessie Turner Center is open for COVID-19 testing and Vaccinations on Monday - Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Make an appointment here.
- NEED ASSISTANCE SCHEDULING A VACCINATION APPOINTMENT? Please call (909) 387-3911 or email coronavirus@DPH.sbcounty.gov.
*Please do not call any City of Fontana offices to schedule a COVID-19 testing or vaccination appointment.
The Fontana Community Senior Center (16710 Ceres Ave.) is hosting two free Flu and COVID-19 Vaccination events open to all San Bernardino County residents on October 27 and November 17 from 11:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Jessie Turner Neighborhood Center (15556 Summit Ave.) is also hosting free COVID-19 and Flu Vaccinations and Testing Monday through Friday from 12:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. A parent or guardian must be present for anyone under 18.
Vaccines offered by San Bernardino County:
- Flu Vaccine is available for individuals ages 3 and older.
- Pfizer Vaccine is available for individuals ages 12 and older.
- Johnson & Johnson One-Dose Vaccine is available for individuals ages 18 and older.
To make an appointment:
- For COVID-19 Testing, visit https://sbcovid19.com/testing-sites/.
- For Flu and COVID-19 Vaccinations, visit MyTurn.ca.gov.
- Call the COVID-19 Hotline at (909) 387-3911, Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Please do not call any City of Fontana offices to schedule a COVID-19 testing or vaccination appointment.