The Economic Development Department exists to encourage business growth and diversity in the Fontana community, providing a high quality of life for our residents, promoting a favorable business climate, and continuously improving the number of quality jobs through office, retail and industrial development.
For questions about developing or starting a business in the City of Fontana, contact Economic Development Analyst Jerry Edgett at (909) 350-6741 or by email.
Our mission is to actively pursue opportunities in the areas of business retention, expansion, and attraction as a means of promoting economic development within the City of Fontana.
How We Help
- Providing individualized assistance to begin your business
- Connecting you with organizations, programs, and other resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Offering guidance on the development process
- Site Selection Assistance: Click here for a list of available commercial properties
- Demographics and Market Analysis: If you want to find out who is in your potential market, let us know what area in the City of Fontana you are interested in and we can provide you with site-specific demographics and market analysis
Learn how to create a business plan, about business formation, and important numbers to know.
Query available commercial properties
and pick the right spot for you.
On January 10, 2012, Pursuant to Part 1.85 of Division 24 of the Health and Safety Code, the City Council of the City of Fontana adopted Resolution No. 2012-001 electing the City of Fontana to become the Successor Agency to the Fontana Redevelopment Agency. Learn more here.