The Fontana Business Concierge is your one-stop shop for starting a business in Fontana. Our concierge service assists prospective business owners to successfully open their business. Start today by contacting your concierge to schedule a free consultation to answer any questions you may have.
Meet Your Concierge: Jerry Edgett
Project Specialist Jerry Edgett has been with the City of Fontana Economic Development Department since 2016. Jerry previously served as the Fontana Chamber of Commerce Executive Director helping new businesses start in Fontana along with the expansion of current businesses.
How We Help
At the Economic Development Concierge Desk, Jerry will provide assistance with:
- Providing individualized assistance to begin your business
- Connecting you with organizations, programs and other resources for small businesses and entrepreneurs
- Offering guidance on the development process
Jerry will also assist you with items such as:
- Site Selection: Click here for a list of available commercial properties
- Site-Specific Demographics: If you want to find out who is in your potential market, let us know what area in the City of Fontana you are interested in and we can provide you with site-specific demographics
In addition, the Economic Development staff has created a Small Business Resource Brochure that contains important information and steps for those who desire to start a small business in the City of Fontana.
The Fontana Municipal Code requires all businesses operating (not necessarily located) within the City of Fontana to be properly licensed as well as in accordance with the standards for Planning (Zoning), Building and Safety, and Public Health. For more information, visit our business license page.
Acquiring a loan for your small business is an important step in getting your business off the ground. However, we do not offer loans. Visit the Small Business Administration's Financial Assistance website or AmPac Tri State CDC for more information on loans.
Inland Empire Small Business Development Center
The Economic Development staff recommends the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center (SBDC) as the first stop for any individual who is just getting started or even just thinking about starting a business. The SBDC provides new and existing businesses with confidential consulting services and training opportunities in a variety of business topics. The consulting services are offered at no cost to the client, and training opportunities are offered at little-to-no cost.
Other Helpful Organizations
Inland Empire organizations are available to provide you with a full range of business services that include Finance programs, International trade counseling, Management training, Procurement assistance, Technical assistance, and technology training.
- SCORE (Southern California Organization of Retired Executives) - SCORE is the nation's largest network of volunteer, expert and business mentors. They offer free business mentoring and education.
- Fontana Chamber of Commerce - The Chamber of Commerce serves the Fontana community by promoting economic prosperity. They are a SCORE chapter who will provide you with mentorship and business expertise.
- Small Business Administration - The SBA connects entrepreneurs with lenders and funding to help them plan, start and grow their businesses.
- GO-Biz - The California Governor's Office of Business and Economic Development serves at the State of California's leader for job growth and economic development efforts. Visit California Business Navigator and Quick Start Guide for starting, growing, and expanding specific types of businesses within CA.