A Message from the City Manager
Hello, summertime! Help us welcome in the new season with a variety of family-friendly events taking place throughout the month of July.
Join us in celebrating Independence Day with the annual 4th of July Celebration at Fontana High School. Dance the night away with Kalimba, The Spirit of Earth Wind and Fire and end the night with a spectacular fireworks display. Gates open at 5:00 p.m. and the fireworks begin at 9:00 p.m. Tickets are available for purchase for $6.00 at the following locations:
- City Hall
- Fontana Community Services Department
- Don Day Neighborhood Center
- Jessie Turner Health and Fitness Community Center
Tickets can not be purchased the day of the event or at the gates.
From exotics to hot rods to classics, stop by City Hall on Friday, July 5 to see an array of cars during the free Fontana Car Show. The show will be in the City Hall parking lot from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Enjoy food while listening to cover band The Band Fresh.
Our Summer Concert series continues Thursday this month at the Miller Park Amphitheater. Bring the entire family on July 11, July 18 and July 25 for the free outdoor entertainment, food vendors and activities for the kids. The music is from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. We are having an incredible response from the community and hope you get the opportunity to experience them for yourself. For a complete line up of entertainment visit events.fontana.org.
Our next Park Clean-up Day is taking place on Saturday, July 13 along the Pacific Electric Trail at Tamarind and Palmetto Avenues from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Duties consist of picking up trash, removing weeds and raking. Volunteers are asked to dress comfortably and bring closed-toe shoes or boots. Lunch will be provided.
As the temperatures rise this summer, I want to remind you that the City of Fontana offers designated cooling facility locations throughout the community for the public to get relief from the heat. Each facility has seating areas, air conditioning and drinking water for residents to use and enjoy.
Fontana’s cooling facilities are located at the following centers:
- Cypress Neighborhood Center (8380 Cypress Ave.) Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to noon. (909) 349-6988.
- Don Day Neighborhood Center (14501 Live Oak Ave.) Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (909) 349-6997.
- Fontana Community Senior Center for seniors 55+ (16710 Ceres Ave.) Open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. (909) 854-5151.
- Jack Bulik Neighborhood Center (16581 Filbert St.) Open Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m., Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and Saturday from 8:00 a.m. to noon. (909) 349-6984.
- Heritage Neighborhood Center (7350 W. Liberty Pkwy.) Open Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. (909) 349-6968.
- Jessie Turner Health & Fitness Center (15556 Summit Ave.) Open Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. and Sunday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (909) 854-5100.
For more information on Fontana’s cooling facilities, please contact the Community Services Department at (909) 349-6900.
Another way to stay cool this summer is to visit our pools. Family Fun Nights are taking place every Tuesday through July 23 at all our community pools from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. On Fridays you can catch a dive-in movie at Heritage Pool through July 26 from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. and Saturdays through July 27 you can watch dive-in re-runs at Don Day Pool from 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
If you’re looking to get your steps in and stay fit for the summer, join us for the next Fontana Walks event on Saturday, July 20 at Fontana Park. The walk will start at 7:00 a.m. Visit fontanawalks.org to register for the free community walk and start tracking your steps today.
We close out the month with the 11th Annual Fontana Arts Festival at Fontana Park on Saturday, July 27. Enjoy a night of art, music, food and more at this free family-friendly event taking place from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Over 50 local artists will be on site to showcase their creativity and provide interactive workshops.
We hope you will enjoy the many activities and programs that the city is offering this July. As always, we appreciate your cooperation as we work to make Fontana a shining example of exceptional municipal service. Whether you are here to live, work, or play, we know Fontana is a great place to be.