Michael Tahan, Council Member
Michael Tahan was elected to the Fontana City Council on November 2, 2010 and was re-elected in 2014. His current term will expire in 2018.
Prior to his appointment, Mr. Tahan was an active member of the Fontana Community and has been for more than 12 years. Michael and Rima Tahan, with their three sons, are proud to call Fontana their home.
Prior to his position on the Fontana City Council, Michael Tahan was an elected official serving on the San Bernardino County Board of Education, representing the Fontana Unified School District, Chino Unified School District, Cucamonga School District and Mt. Vernon School District. He brings with him his experience of Public Policy, Budgets and understanding community needs.
He currently represents Fontana on the San Bernardino County Board (SANBAG), a regional transportation planning authority; and serves as the Chairman of the Fontana Redevelopment Agency, and as a member of the Housing and Fire District Authorities.
Michael has, and continues to be actively involved and participate in a number of community organizations like those listed below, but not limited to:
- San Bernardino County Association of Governments (SANBAG)
- San Bernardino County Board of Education, Trustee Area C
- Past Fontana Parks and Recreation Commissioner
- Past Fontana Chamber of Commerce President
- Fontana Boys and Girls Club, Board Member
- Fontana Library Foundation, Past Board Member
- Oldtimers Foundation (Senior Citizens Services), Board Member
- Fontana Youth Sports, Pee Wee Soccer Coach
- Fontana Rotary Club
- San Bernardino County Childcare and Development Planning Council
- San Bernardino County Flood Control Commission, Zone 2
- Inland Empire Development Corporation, Founding Board Member
- Women-In-Transportation Seminar, Member
- Construction Management Association of America, Member
- American Public Works Association, Member
Michael Tahan holds a Masters Degree in Business Management, from Cal State Fullerton and he also holds a Bachelor of Science in Business Administration.