John B. Roberts was elected to the Fontana City Council for a two-year term in 1992 and re-elected to a four-year term in 1994, 1998, 2002, 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 and 2022. His current term will expire in November 2026.
Prior to joining the City Council, Mr. Roberts served on the Planning Commission from 1988 to 1992. Mr. Roberts graduated from Chaffey College Fire Academy in 1972 and is retired from the San Bernardino County Fire Department with 32 years of service. Mr. Roberts served 19 years as a Division Chief, including 15 years as the County Fire Marshal. In his last four years of service, Mr. Roberts served as the Valley Division Chief (Fontana, Bloomington, Muscoy, Grand Terrace, Devore, San Antonio Heights) and Chief of Support Services.
Mr. Roberts has five children, Christine, Jennifer, Evan, John III, and Elsie, and seven grandchildren. Mr. Roberts represents the City of Fontana on the following Committees:
- Omnitrans Board of Directors and Past Chairman
- Member and Past-President of the Fontana Rotary Club
- City of Fontana Oversight Board, Special District Representative
- Board Member Foothill Freeway Corridor Design Authority, Joint Powers Agreement
- Fontana Fire Protection District, Member
- North Etiwanda Preserve, Board Member
- Former President of the Fontana Fire Protection District