Residential Trash Services
Solid Waste & Recycling Program
The Solid Waste and Recycling Program coordinates the weekly disposal of your trash, recyclables, and green waste materials.
- Free curbside removal of large or bulky items (stumps, appliances, etc.) three times per year.
- Complimentary pull-out or back-yard services for senior and handicapped residents.
- Free additional recycling and green waste containers.
- Reduced rates to senior and handicapped residents.
Click to view the service map.
Services for Additional Fees
- Rent-A-Bins - three cubic yards and larger
- Pull-out or backyard services.
- Additional refuse containers.
For additional information or questions on services provided by Burrtec Waste Industries, call 909-822-9739 or visit Burrtec website.
Do not set your containers out on extremely windy days! They may blow over. Instead, wait until the following week, and Burrtec will take away your waste along with any other trash you may have collected.
Solid Waste information can be found in Chapter 24 of the City of Fontana Municipal Code.
Green waste is chopped up and made into mulch. To make sure that the mulch is free of other material, place only green waste in the green curbside containers, such as:
Do not put the following in the green bins:
For information about the Green Waste Program, call (909) 350-6797.
These sites have collection bins for discarding Household Batteries and/or Beverage Containers.
|Site||Location||Household Battery Bins ||Beverage Recycling Bins |
|Art Depot||16822 Spring St.||Yes||Yes|
|Almeria Park||7250 Almeria Ave.||Yes|
|Bill Martin Park||7881 Juniper Ave.||Yes|
|City Hall||8353 Sierra Ave.||Yes||Yes|
|Coyote Canyon Park||6398 Citrus Ave.||Yes|
|Cypress Center||8380 Cypress Ave.||Yes||Yes|
|Don Day Center||14501 Live Oak Ave.||Yes|
|DSO Building||8353 Sierra Ave.||Yes|
|Engineering Building||17001 Upland Ave.||Yes|
|Fontana Senior Center||16710 Ceres Ave.||Yes|
|Fontana Park||15556 Summit Ave.||Yes||Yes|
|Heritage Neighborhood Cntr.||7350 W. Liberty Prkwy.||Yes|
|Human Resources||8353 Sierra Ave.||Yes|
|Jack Bulik Teen Center||16581 Filbert Ave.||Yes||Yes|
|Jack Bulik Park||16581 Filbert Ave.||Yes|
|Martin Tudor||11660 Sierra Ave.||Yes|
|Koehler Park||15352 Walnut Ave.||Yes|
|Lewis Library||9473 Sierra Ave.||Yes|
|McDermott Park||7846 S. Heritage Loop||Yes|
|Miller Center||17004 Arrow Blvd.||Yes||Yes|
|Nature Center||11501 Cypress Ave.||Yes||Yes|
|North Tamarind Park||8025 Tamarind Ave.||Yes|
|Oak Park||14180 Live Oak||Yes|
|Patricia Marrujo Park||5730 Avenal Ave.||Yes|
|Public Works||16489 Orange Way||Yes|
|Public Works West Annex||16489 Orange Way||Yes|
|Rec. & Com. Serv. Dept.||16860 Valencia Ave.||Yes|
|Rosena East Park||15299 Curtis Ave.||Yes|
|Rosena West Park||6090 Greys Peak Ave.||Yes|
|San Sevaine Park||5444 Cherry Ave.||Yes|
|Shadow Park||14250 Shadow Ave.||Yes|
|Skate Park||16581 Filbert Ave.||Yes|
|Southridge Park||14501 Live Oak Ave.||Yes|
|Sports Complex||6398 Citrus Ave.||Yes|
|Sycamore Hills Park||11075 Mayberry Dr||Yes|
|Veteran's Park||17255 Merrill Ave||Yes|
|Veteran's Park West||9055 Mango Ave.||Yes|
|Village Park||15601 Village Dr.||Yes|
|Composting is the practice of allowing green waste to be converted into compost, a free and valuable soil amendment.|
The following are two methods of composting:
For more information, please call (909) 350-6797 or visit the County of San Bernardino Solid Waste Management Division.
Residential Recycling Resources
- Holiday Green Tips- Facts, environmentally-smart tips, and website links for a less wasteful, perhaps less stressful, holiday.
- Cal Max - Eeffective online resources for exchanging materials.
- Catalog Choice - Service to select catalogs that you want to decline receiving.
- Earth 9-1-1 - Near-by locations to recycle.
- California Zero Waste Communities - Education to reduce, reuse, recycle.
- Californians Against Waste - Environmental advocacy organization.
- Bottles and Can Recycling - Redeem your empty bottles and cans for cash.