Above the Limits Special Needs Program
The City of Fontana Community Services Department's comprehensive Special Needs Program Above the Limits includes social-recreational, resource and referral, and inclusion support provided to the Fontana community. Listed below are the upcoming events and program highlights.
- Superhero Day | August 9, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Heritage Neighborhood Center
- Sports Night | August 23, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Dodgers Dreamfield at Jack Bulik Park
- Karaoke Night | September 13, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at the Heritage Neighborhood Center
- Movie Under the Stars | September 27, 2019 from 7:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m. at the Dodgers Dreamfield at Jack Bulik Park
- Talent Showcase | October 11, 2019 from 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Steelworkers Auditorium
All drop-in activities are free and will be held from 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
- Monday*- Movie at the Jack Bulik Neighborhood Center
- Tuesday*- Drop-In Basketball at the Jessie Turner Health & Fitness Center
- Wednesday*- Crafts at the Don Day Neighborhood Center
- Thursday*- Drop-In Basketball at the Jessie Turner Health & Fitness Center
*All members must be accompanied by a chaperone and supervised at all times.
Aquabilities Special Needs Swim Lessons
Miller Pool | Saturday | 9:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Resident: $50 per session
Non-resident: $65 per session
Session 1: July 1, 2019 - June 29, 2019
Session 2: July 6, 2019 - August 10, 2019
Special Olympics Bowling*
Brunswick Zone Foothill Lanes | Thursdays | 5:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. | June 13, 2019 - August 22, 2019
*Athletes must be cleared by Special Olympics prior to participation. Please call (909) 854-5111 for additional information.
The Talent Show is for participants who want to display their talents of any form such as: vocal, instrumental, theater/drama, comedy and dance.
- Maximum of two entries
- 5-minute set per performer/group act.
- Dress appropriately.
- All performers must come fully equipped with all supplies.
- Microphones and sound system available.
- Any other equipment needed must be brought by the performer.
- Please have music ready in form of CD, iPod, or USB.
- The City of Fontana Community Services Department reserves the right to add or change rules at its discretion.
Pre-registration is required. To enter, please submit an Application to the Cypress or Heritage Neighborhood Centers no later than September 27, 2019.
ATL Member of the Quarter
The ATL Member of the Quarter is Stephanie Rodriquez. Stephanie is a fabulous woman and wonderful role model. She is kind, compassionate, sweet, honest and very friendly. She enjoys meeting new people especially in special needs. Stephanie encourages others to achieve their dreams any chance she gets. In her free time, she loves reading, playing sports and dancing. Stephanie loves spending time with her fiancé, niece, nephews, family and doing community service.