Don Day Pool
Recreational Swim | Swim Lessons
Don Day Pool's last day of operation for our 2021 Season
is September 6, 2021. The site will reopen May 2022.
Weekday Recreational Swim
June 14, 2021 - July 30, 2021
|Mon., Wed., Fri.||12:30 pm - 3:00 pm|
|All ages 3+||$3.00|
Weekend Recreational Swim
June 14, 2021 - September 6, 2021
|Sat - Sun||12:00 pm - 4:00 pm|
Daily maximum capacity has been lowered due to Covid-19.
All swimmers must wear proper swim trunks. No denim, basketball, jersey or cotton shorts or t-shirts permitted in the water. All guests must pay an entrance fee to enter the pool area. All children under the age of 7 must be within arms reach of an adult at all times.
The City of Fontana’s learn-to-swim programs are among the most comprehensive in the Inland Empire. We offer eight different levels in the morning and evening to fit almost everyone’s schedule. Classes fill up fast! Click here to view class offerings.
To ensure your child is placed into the correct level, the Fontana Park Aquatic Center offers Swim Tests free of charge! Swim Tests take place Monday-Thursday at the Fontana Park Aquatic Center from 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm, with no appointment necessary. Can't make it to a Swim Test? Please use this Swim Test chart below:
*Children 6 months - 2.5 years old do not need a swim test and can enroll into Crab & Crabling.
*Children 2.5 years - 4 years old do not need a swim tests and can enroll into Shrimps.
Important: Additional $15 applies to Non-Residents. No transfers, credits or refunds. Until further notice, registration will be online only - no in person registration will be accepted. Registration for all lessons close the Thursday before each session begins at 9:00 pm.
Weekday Swim Lessons
$50 Residents | $65 Non-Residents
Lessons are 30-minutes, Monday through Thursday for 2 consecutive weeks.
*The City of Fontana will only be offering Weekday Swim Lessons for Summer 2021.
*Swim Lesson registration is ONLINE ONLY.
*Level offerings may change due to demand.
Session & Registration Dates
|Session 1: July 7-17, 2021||Session 2: June 21-July 1, 2021|
|Online Resident Registration:||May 17, 2021||Online Resident Registration:||June 11, 2021|
|Online Non-Resident Registration:||June 2, 2021||Online Non-Resident Registration:||June 16, 2021|
|Registration Ends:||June 3, 2021||Registration Ends:||June 17, 2021|
|Session 3: July 5-15, 2021||Session 4: July 19-29, 2021|
|Online Resident Registration:||June 25, 2021||Online Resident Registration:||July 9, 2021|
|Online Non-Resident Registration:||June 30, 2021||Online Non-Resident Registration:||July 14, 2021|
|Registration Ends:||July 1, 2021||Registration Ends:||July 15, 2021|
*Registration for Summer 2021 Swim Lessons is online only.
*Registration for each session opens 8:00 am online at fontanaca.perfectmind.com on the dates above.
*Registration for each session closes at 9:00 pm on the dates above.
- Anyone experiencing any symptoms of symptoms of illness should stay home and refrain from public facility use.
- All patrons must pre-register online for Aqua Aerobics. In-person registration will not be taken.
- Face masks are required while in the facility, but are not to be used while swimming.
- The locker rooms and showers are closed. Please arrive ready to swim.
- Patrons must enter the facility through the gate near the ticket booth. The lobby will be closed to through traffic.
- All patrons will be screened for temperature and COVID-19 symptoms before entering the facility. Plan to arrive 5 minutes before start of class for screening. If turned away due to the presence of symptoms and/or a temperature of 100.4 or above, a credit will be issued.
- Patron belongings must be kept in a designated area at the end of each lane. Pool equipment will be available, but patrons may also bring and use their own if desired.
- Facility is for active use only - lounging or loitering on deck is not permitted. Amenities such as drinking fountains, deck furniture and planter seating will not be available.
- There are no transfers, credits or refunds for any Aquatics programs. Unattended program, activity registration and/or reservations will not be refunded.
- All persons entering pool complex are required to pay the admission fee; including non-swimmers.
- Proper swim wear must be worn at all times*.
- Provocative and/or thong swimsuits are not permitted.
- Children 6 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- No person shall enter the aquatic facility without a lifeguard present.
- Swim diapers are required for all children who are not toilet trained.
- A complete head and body shower must be taken before entering the pool.
- Flotation devices are not permitted.
- Pool toys, balls, masks, and fins are not permitted in the pool.
- Hanging on ropes or lane lines is not permitted.
- Hanging, swinging, and sitting on hand rails is not permitted.
- No smoking, alcohol, or illegal substances. Individuals assumed to be under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs will not be permitted to enter the aquatic facility.
- No gum chewing.
- No glass or open flame.
- No running, pushing, shoving or horse play in the pool or on the deck.
- Chicken fights, intentional splashing, and foul language will not be permitted.
- No weapons or items used to cause harm.
- Cell phones, cameras and video cameras may not be used in locker rooms.
- The City of Fontana is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged articles.
- No animals - with the exception of medical assistance dogs are allowed on deck.
- Emergency equipment is for lifeguard use only. Only lifeguards are permitted on lifeguard stands.
- Diving is only permitted from diving board.
Diving Board Rules
- A swim test is highly recommended prior to using diving boards.
- Please ask a lifeguard to administer the test.
- Only one (1) bounce on is permitted.
- Only one (1) person on the ladder at a time.
- Upon entry, swimmer must swim directly to closest ladder at the side of the pool to exit.
- Intentionally splashing lifeguards is strictly prohibited.
- The following is prohibited on the diving board:
- Running on the board.
- Diving from the side of the board.
- Swinging on the rails.
- Horseplay (flips, back dives, etc.)
- Wearing goggles
We reserve the right to deny entrance to:
- Persons who are hostile or a threat to the staff and others.
- Anyone who does not follow pool rules.
- Persons under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Children 6 and younger who are not accompanied by an adult.
- Persons with colds, coughs, nasal or eye discharges, open wounds, bandages, etc.
Pool rules are designed for the safety of everyone. The City of Fontana reserves the right to amend these rules for the safety of the participants. The City of Fontana also reserves the right to remove any participants who violate any of these rules or ignores direction from aquatics staff. Failure to follow the pool rules will result in non-admittance or expulsion from the pool grounds.
No Refunds Will Be Issued.
*Aquatic staff reserves the right to have final interpretation of pool rules and proper swim wear.
*IMPORTANT: Don Day Pool will not be available for Private Rentals for our 2021 summer season.
Aquatic Facility Availability
|Heritage Pool, Martin Tudor Splash Park (No Slides)|
Fri - Sun
Making your Reservation
1. Contact the Fontana Park Aquatic Center to find out if the date desired is available and get further information.
2. When ready to book your rental, verify with Aquatics staff that a Manager at the Fontana Park Aquatic Center will be available to book the rental.
3. Fill out the Reservation form available at the Aquatic Center and pay the facility deposit.
4. Make your final payment of the balance at least 30 days before your event.
5. Attend and enjoy your event with the City of Fontana Aquatic Staff.
Note: Cancellations less than 60 days prior to the event will result in 100% loss of funds. All final payments must be made 30 days prior to the event. If the balance is not paid off 30 days in advance, the reservation will result in a cancellation and 100% loss of all paid fees.
**All rentals are on a first come first serve basis. Reservations will not be taken over the phone and dates cannot be temporarily reserved.
Questions about rentals? Call the Fontana Park Aquatic Center at (909) 854-5111.
Don Day Pool | (909) 349-6997 | 14501 Live Oak Ave. Fontana, CA
For all activities, proper swim attire is required.