Hire A Police Officer For A Special Event
From time to time, private entities within the city request the services of Fontana Police Department personnel at special events. To effectively manage special event requests without compromising trusted police services to our community, specific guidelines have been outlined.
The following criteria shall be met by any entity requesting to hire Fontana Police Department personnel:
- A request to hire a police officer(s) for a private event must be submitted to the Scheduling Sergeant Unit at least 30 days before the date of the event.
- The request shall include the date/time of event, type of event, number of anticipated attendees, location and number of officers requested.
- The request shall also include a thorough description of what the officer(s) is expected to do.
- A minimum of four hours shall be paid for each officer.
- In the event five or more officers are required, the fifth officer will be a supervisor.
- To ensure officers have sufficient support, the Chief of Police or his designee will review each request to determine the number of officers/supervisors needed. If the Chief of Police or his designee determine staffing is inadequate for the proposed event and the requesting person is unwilling to comply with the staffing suggested by the Department, the Police Department will deny the request.
- Payment shall be made to the Fontana Police Department no later than 15 days before the event. (Refer to hourly billing rates below)
- The Chief of Police reserves the right to deny any request.
Current Billing Rate
The hourly billing rate includes the officer's/sergeant's hourly rate, fringe benefits, overhead costs and an administrative fee. The billing rates are subject to change.
Officer hourly rate: $97.14
Corporal hourly rate: $106.68
Sergeant hourly rate: $125.62