The Plan Check Section of the Department of Building and Safety is responsible for the review of all plans that are submitted for conformance to all applicable codes.
Plan Check submissions should meet all requirements listed below:
- Completed application form Application for Building Permit and Plan Check
- Submission of Drawings or Site Plan (if needed)
- Additional plans/drawings for the following projects:
- Payment of Fees
Electronic Plan Format Requirements
Plans submitted in electronic format must follow the requirements below:
- Electronic File Submittal Requirements
- Electronic files must be brought in via a USB device.
- Subsequent submittals will be processed electronically.
For initial submittal your plans must be submitted at:
Building & Safety
8353 Sierra Ave
Fontana, CA 92335
- Reviews and ensures that project is in compliance with the building, fire, safety, and related code requirements
- Typically takes about 2 weeks
- For expedited solar reviews, it takes about 3-5 business days but PV Expedite Requirements must be met.
- You will be notified of any corrections/changes needed to meet minimum standards.
- Typically takes about 2 weeks after amended plans are submitted.
Once the plans have been approved, a permit can be issued when appropriate fees are paid to the City and various other agencies (such as the Inland Empire Utilities Agency) for sewer service and the appropriate school district.
- How do I find out the status of my Plan Check and/or Building Permit application?
- What is the fee to file for a building permit or to submit plans?
- What is the turnaround time for the approval of a plan check and/or building permit?
- Where do I submit plans for my project?
- Where do I submit revisions to my building application?