California Public Utilities Commission

California Public Utilities Commission Complaint Information
The California Public Utilities Commission offers a way for you to file a complaint against the company that provides your water service.

Filing a Complaint by Mail
California Public Utilities Commission
Consumer Affairs Branch
505 Van Ness Ave.
San Francisco, CA 94102-3298
Ph: (800) 649-7570
Fx: (415) 703-1158

Necessary Information
For all correspondence, please be sure to include the following:
  • Your name and the name the account is billed under (if different)
  • Service address
  • Mailing address and phone number
  • Name of the company you are complaining about
  • Address and telephone number of the company (if applicable)
  • The name of the company's representative you contacted (if applicable)
  • Your utility account number (if applicable)
  • A brief description of your complaint (please limit your complaint to two pages or less)