File a Police Report Online
How to Report Your Situation
Welcome to the Fontana Police Department Citizens Online Police Reporting System. If this is an emergency, please call 9-1-1. Please review the Online Citizen Police Report Frequently Asked Questions
to see if online police reporting is the best option for you.
Using the Online Citizen Police Reporting System allows you to submit a report immediately and print a copy of the police report for free.
Types of Reports
Using the Fontana Police Department Police Online Citizen Reporting System you can report the following incidents (please choose one):
Online reports are for documentation purposes only and in most cases you will not be contacted by the Police Department. All online reports will be reviewed but most will not result in additional follow up.
Please make sure to turn off your pop-up blocking software before filing the report.
After Filing Your Report
Upon completion of this report process you will:
- See the words "Your online police report has been submitted" showing that your police report is complete.
- Be given a police report case number.
- Be able to print a copy of the police report to keep for your records.
- All cases filed using the Citizens Online Police Reporting System will be reviewed.
- Reports are for documentation purposes only.
- You may be contacted only if additional information is required. Otherwise you will not be contacted.
- All reports submitted that occurred outside the jurisdiction of the Fontana Police Department will be forwarded to the appropriate agencies. No follow up or investigative work will be conducted by the Fontana Police Department.
- Lost or stolen governmental documents such as passports, driver's licenses, social security cards, and EBT cards require personal contact with an officer and cannot be filed online.
- Filing a false police report is a crime.