Rules Adopted to Protect Facility
With the Ralph M. Lewis Park improvements comes a need to keep the facility looking pristine for year-round use. New facility rules have been adopted to help protect the facility and keep it maintained for years of uninterrupted use. The new rules are:
- Fields may be used by reservation only. There will be no open play at the park due to the strict regulations for the use of the synthetic fields. Staff will maintain scheduled use at 3,000 hours maximum per field, per year.
- Fields are for football and soccer activities only, unless permission is granted by the City of Fontana to conduct a special activity.
- Those using the fields may wear only standard molded plastic cleats no longer than two inches. No metal or V cleats are allowed.
- Street shoes will not be permitted because flat-bottomed shoes prematurely wear field turf down.
- Staking of any object into the field turf is strictly prohibited.
- Chewing gum is not permitted because gum causes damage to the grass-like fibers.
- Shelled snacks are prohibited (i.e., sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, etc.) because shells compact the infill and clog the drain system.
- Food, flavored drinks (including soft drinks), sports drinks, and energy drinks are not permitted because they may damage the grass-like fibers.
- Smoking is strictly prohibited.
- No paint or field marking is allowed.
- Spectators are not permitted on the playing fields.
- Chairs are not permitted on the playing fields.
- Vehicles are not permitted on the playing fields.
- Only carts with pneumatic rubber turf tires will be allowed directly on the field playing surface. Carts should be clean at all times to prevent mud or dirt from being deposited on the field surface.
- Permitted organizations must designate a field supervisor for all field uses. The field supervisor is directly responsible for informing all team coaches, representatives, participants, and parents of the City of Fontana policies regarding Ralph M. Lewis Park field use.
Go back to the Ralph M. Lewis Sports Complex facility listing