Necessary to Facilitate Commerce
- Reconstruction will replace the existing 4-lane bridge with an 8-lane bridge
- Improvements will be made to the on- and off-ramps including a new loop ramp for northbound traffic
- Intersection improvements will be made at the Cherry Avenue and Valley Boulevard intersection, as well as other local street improvements.
- This corridor is the principal truck route from Los Angeles to Arizona, Texas, and the Gulf Coast.
- Reconstruction will substantially reduce delays and improve access to key logistics hubs and centers.
Because of the stature of this project, funding for the I-10/Cherry Avenue Interchange Reconstruction comes from several sources.
- Federal Funds secured by Congressman Joe Baca
- State - Trade Corridor Improvement Program Funds
- Measure I Funds
- County of San Bernardino Funds
- City of Fontana Funds
This project will be realized through the partnership and cooperation of the California Department of Transportation
, the Federal Highway Administration
, the San Bernardino Associated Governments
, and the County of San Bernardino