Why is the I-10 / Cypress Avenue Overcrossing a Priority Project?
The bridge across Interstate 10 at Cypress Avenue will achieve several transportation goals including:
- Improving traffic flow by providing a four-lane roadway as an alternative to drivers or pedestrians desiring to cross Interstate 10 without need to access the freeway system
- Providing fully controlled signalization at both Valley Boulevard and Slover Avenue
- Increasing emergency response times for police, fire, and ambulance services
- Reducing pollution by allowing through traffic movement that reduces idling time, thereby reducing contaminants in the air
- Acting as a conduit for future utility services such as water, gas, power, and communications
- Serving as an alternative to using Citrus Avenue or Cherry Avenue during those interchange reconstruction phases