How You Can Reduce Stormwater Pollution
Ways To Help
- Use your refuse, recycling, and green waste containers instead of littering in the street.
- Rinse water-based paint out of brushes and rollers in the sink, not in the street.
- Avoid using pesticides, herbicides, and fertilizers when possible. If you must use yard chemicals, apply only as directed and never right before a storm.
- Wash your car where the water and soap won't flow to the street, or take your car to a car wash.
- Use a broom, instead of a hose, to clean your paved driveway, sidewalks, and streets.
- Pick up after your pets.
- Repair leaks on your vehicles.
- Take hazardous waste, such as used motor oil and filters, automotive fluids, yard chemicals, and paints to the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Facility.
For more information on water run-off pollution visit Clean Oceans Land Air Now at