Join the City of Fontana and the Veteran groups throughout Fontana as we celebrate those who have and still are fighting for our freedom. This event will include multiple speakers, refreshments, and much more. Join American Legion Post 772 for a free luncheon for all in attendance.
Councilmember Jesse Sandoval is hosting this year's Dr. Charles Koehler's Writing Contest. We would like to invite all children under the age of 18 to to write an essay or poem on what Veterans Day means to them. If writing isn't really your thing and you are under the age of eight years old, please send an illustration of what a Veteran is to you.
Rules for writing contest:
- must be 18 years and under to participate
- essays or poems must be 250 words or less
- all entries must be legible or submitted typed
- all entries will be judged by local veterans
- written on what Veterans Day means to you?
Rules for art contest:
- must be 8 years and under to participate
- illustration of what a Veteran is to you
All entries are due:
Friday, October 14, 2016
Submit by mail, email or in person to:
City of Fontana Community Services Department
Attn: Special Events
16860 Valencia Avenue
Fontana, CA 92335