Enterprise System Catalog
Senate Bill 272 amended the California Public Records Act and was added to the Government code as Section 6270.5. Senate Bill 272 mandates that all Local Agencies publish a catalog of their Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 and update it annually. For the purpose of this legislation, an Enterprise System is defined as:
A software application or computer system that collects, stores, and analyzes information that an agency uses that is:
The following are excluded from being categorized as an Enterprise System:
- A system that contains information collected about the public
- A system that serves as an original source of data with an agency, otherwise known as a system of record.
City of Fontana’s Enterprise System Catalog
- Information technology security systems including firewalls and cyber security systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring, and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, or water or sewer functions.
- Systems related to 911 dispatch and operations of emergency services.
For more information:
Senate Bill 272 Complete Bill Text
California Government Code Section 6270.5