Co-Sponsorship and Special Event Application
|What is the difference between a Co-Sponsorship and a Special Event?
A Co-Sponsored event is an event planned and conducted by a Fontana based non-profit organization with the assistance of City staff time, public safety services, City owned equipment, and/or the use of facilities for the purpose of assisting Fontana based non-profit organizations hosting a community event.
- All Co-Sponsorship Applications are accepted February 1 through February 28 each year for the following fiscal year (July 1 - June 30)
- All Co-Sponsorship requests must include the following:
- A cover letter fully detailing the event and its purpose
- Proof of 501(c)3 non-profit status or that the event is not for profit
- Proof of insurance naming the City of Fontana as additionally insured
- A Reservation Request Form for any facility or park space requested
- A budget break down of the event
- The City of Fontana does not provide monetary funds for these co-sponsored events, but in-kind services
A Special Event Application is required for an event hosting 100 or more persons, animals or vehicles on any City of Fontana property. The organization hosting this event is responsible for all permit and facility fees.
To get started fill out the Special Event Application.
- Applications must be turned into the Community Services Department 120 days prior to the event
- There is a $25* fee to submit any Special Event application for City review and evaluation
- Proof of insurance naming the City of Fontana as additionally insured must be submitted no less than 30 days prior to the event, if required.
- All permit and/or facility rental fees must be paid upon approval of application
*Additional processing fees may apply.
Should your event fall under the criteria, please fill out the appropriate application and submit to:
City of Fontana
Attn: Special Events
16860 Valencia Ave.
Fontana, CA 92335
If you have any questions regarding a Co-Sponsorship or the Special Event Application process please feel free to call (909) 349-6900.