FAQs & Quick Reference
Most of the answers to frequently asked questions can be found on the City's website. If you have a question which is not answered through the information presented on this website, please contact the Fontana Community Services Department at (909) 349.6900 or by email.
What are the fees?
• Fees typically begin at $50 for Half Marathon individuals and 5K Run/ Race Walk individuals, $40 for the 5k Family Fitness Walk is $30 and the Children's Dash is $15. Team pricing begins at $180 for a team of 4 participants with $45 for each additional team member, up to 20 team members. For a price list breakdown, please click here.
How can I register?
• Visit active.com to register for the 2014 Fontana Days Run
What are the age divisions?
• Age division information is located here.
Can someone under the age of 11 register in the 5K Run, 5K Race Walk or Half Marathon Run?
• No. The 5K Run, 5K Race Walk or Half Marathon Run is for ages 11 and up. Anyone under the age of 11 is encouraged to participate in the Children's Half Mile Dash or the 5k Family Fitness Walk and be accompanied by an adult.
Where do I pick up my race goodie bag, bib number and timing chip?
• Pickup your race goodie bag/packet on June 6th at City Hall from 4:00-8:00 PM. Packets can also be picked up June 7th at Fontana City Hall from 5:00-6:00 AM only. If you wish to avoid the lines and the rush of Race Day, it is recommended to pickup your goodie bag on June 6th. Bibs will not be distributed after 6:00 AM on Race Day, regardless of the category.
Do I have to ride the bus to the starting line?
• Yes, there are no exceptions. All roads leading to the starting lines will be closed to the public for the safety of those participating or working on the course.
How many water stations do you have?
• There are 8 water stations along the course. They are located at the start of the Half Marathon, mile 2, mile 4, mile 6, between miles 7 and 8, 5k Start, Walnut Avenue and mile 12.
Are there any restroom on the course?
• Yes, you can find restrooms at the Half Marathon Start, mile 4, between miles 7 and 8 (please use the porta-potties provided not the AMPM restrooms), the 5K Start and the Finish Line.
What if it rains?
• Then the Race will be that much more interesting! Rain or shine, the Fontana Days Run will still take place as scheduled.
Are there any refunds for registration fees?
• Unfortunately, there are no refunds or transfer of funds for the Run, no exceptions.
How do I get my clothing from the Start Line to the Finish Line?
• All clothing and goodie bags are collected and taken back to City Hall by City staff. Labels and markers will be provided by event staff to write your name and bib number on your belongings. Be sure to use your goodie bag to place all your loose articles. It is recommended that you do not leave valuable items with clothing and goodie bags. "Clothing Drop Stations" will be provided along the course to toss any clothing into should you get hot along the race. The City is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Any clothing left behind at the conclusion of the event will be donated to local charities.
What if I show up a little late, will I still be able to get my race packet?
- Unfortunately, you will not be able to pick up your race packet/bib after 6:00 AM on June 7, 2014. no exceptions