Water Safety Instructor
This course will prepare students to teach all levels of water safety and swimming lessons.
All participants must attend
and successfully complete all
class sections to obtain certification.
Required prerequisites include:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must know how to properly front crawl, back crawl, elementary backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, and butterfly
- Must be able to tread water and float on your back for one minute.
- Age: 16 years old and up
- Course Length: 35 hours
- Certificates Issued: Water Safety Instructor Certificate; Fundamentals of Instructor Training (valid one year)
- Course Dates:
- February 1st, 8th, 15th, & 22nd - 3:30pm-9:30pm
- March 18th - 22nd - 2:30pm -8:30pm
- April 13th, 14th, 20th, & 21st - 9:00am-5:00pm
- Fees: $175 (additional $12 fee applies for nonresidents)
For more information on the Water Safety Instructor course, please contact the Fontana Park Aquatic Center at (909) 854-5111.
* All fees and hours subject to change. Non-resident fee may apply. $2.00 processing fee will be applied for any registration.