Required prerequisites include:
- Must be at least 16 years old.
- Must know how to properly swim 25 yards of front crawl (freestyle), back crawl (backstroke), elementary backstroke, sidestroke, breaststroke, and butterfly.
- Must be able to tread water and float on your back for one minute.
- All prerequisites must be passed before registration.
- Age: 16 years old and up
- Course Length: 35 hours
- Certificates Issued: Water Safety Instructor Certificate; Fundamentals of Instructor Training (valid one year)
- Fees: $175 (additional $12 fee applies for nonresidents)