There are many ways you can prevent back problems for yourself including:
For More Information
- Eating a healthy diet - Proper nutrients allow the body to repair itself easier.
- Exercising regularly - This does not have to be anything overly strenuous. Something as simple as a daily walk can make a huge difference.
- Having regular spinal check-ups - It’s much easier to prevent a problem than to correct one.
- Investing in a good chair, pillow, and mattress - When you think about the amount of time you use these things daily, it’s worth it.
- Maintaining good posture - Are you sitting up straight as you read this?
- Never cradling the phone between your neck and shoulder
- Never overloading your backpack or purse - Remember to carry it over both shoulders to balance the load (if possible).
- Sleeping on your back or side, not on your stomach - This helps to keep your spine in line and reduces the risk of hurting your neck while you sleep.
- Stretching your legs and back after each hour of sitting - Whether in a car or at a desk, stretching regularly will help to keep you from tightening up or injuring yourself further.
- Stretching your spine before and after exercise - This will also help to loosen up the surrounding muscles.
This is information courtesy of Dr. Darwin Bowles, Kingdom’s Health Chiropractic. For more information about back health, call them at (909) 476-3900.