Janet Koehler-Brooks was appointed as City Treasurer by the City Council in January 2003 to fill the position left vacant by her father, the late Dr. Charles A. Koehler. Mrs. Koehler-Brooks was elected in 2006 and was re-elected in 2010 and 2014. Her current term will expire in November 2018.
Mrs. Koehler-Brooks has resided in the City of Fontana since 1959. She attended Fontana schools and returned to the school district as a teacher and recently retired as a school counselor. She has a Master’s Degree in Education from Cal State San Bernardino and a Bachelor’s Degree from Pepperdine University. She was married to the late Richard Brooks and has two sons.
Her involvement with civic, community and professional organizations includes:
- California Municipal Treasurers Association - Member
- The Kiwanis Club of Fontana - Board Member
Fontana Art Association - Board Member, Life Member
- Troop 502 Boy Scouts of America – Committee Chairperson
- Fontana Woman's Club - Trustee
- Friends of the Library- Board Member
- Fontana Historical Society - Board Member
C.E.R.T. - Community Emergency Response Team - Trained
- Charles Koehler Amvets Post 1240 – Ladies Auxiliary
- California Association of School Counselors – Member
- Fontana Days Festival – Served on 100th Anniversary Committee
- Special Olympics - Volunteer
- Sons of Italy(Joanne Coccia Lodge Member)
She is a recipient of the Kiwanis Family of the Year Award 1995, Kiwanis Sponsored Youth Award 1996-97, Kiwanis Distinguished Service Award 2006, 63rd District Women of Distinction Award 2007, and Los Angeles County Fair – Community Hero 2011.
View Statement of Economic Interest