Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Program
The Fontana Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate Program
(AFV) is designed to encourage the purchase of alternative fuel or hybrid
vehicles while increasing awareness of the benefits associated with driving a
clean and high efficiency vehicle.
Rebates are available on a first come first serve basis and are available while funds last. Please see AFV Program Overview for additional information and a definition of qualifying vehicles.
- Applicant must be a Fontana resident (proof of residency is needed at time of application submission).
- Purchase of a new and qualifying alternative fuel/high efficiency vehicle from an authorized Fontana dealership (refer to AFV program overview for definition of qualifying vehicles).
- Application is submitted within 30 days of vehicle purchase date.
- Applicant has not received an AFV rebate in the past 36 months.
Issuance of rebate:
Payment will be issued by check and mailed to the applicant’s
Fontana address. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery of
Please fill out and submit AFV Application Rebate Form and Rebate Checklist along with a copies of proof of Fontana residency and proof of vehicle purchase to the following address:
City of Fontana- Economic Development
Attn: Alternative Fuel Vehicle Rebate
8353 Sierra Avenue
Fontana CA 92335
Download Forms (PDF):
- AFV Program Overview
- AFV Application Rebate Form
- AFV Rebate Checklist
- AFV Marketing Flyer
- AFV Dealer Sign Up Form
For more information contact:
City of Fontana – Economic Development Department
Jerry Edgett, Project Specialist