Packing a Healthy Lunch
|An Important Meal
Lunch is an important part of the day. It is a time for you to recharge your system and relax your brain. It is vital for you to get a well-balanced meal that will keep you energized for the rest of the day. A great way to save some money and maintain your figure is to pack your lunch for work instead of eating out.
Contents of a Healthy Lunch
A healthy lunch should include:
- Base the main part of the lunch on foods like bread, cereal, rice, pasta or potatoes.
- Get creative with some alternatives to sandwiches (e.g., whole-grain pita pockets, tortilla wraps or pasta salad).
- Include some protein, such as lean meat, chicken, tuna, ham, cheese, egg or hummus.
- Pop a cool pack or a frozen drink in the lunch box to keep it cool.
- Try a variety of different drinks like fruit juice, water, yogurt or milk.
Additional Helpful Tips
Here are some more helpful tips for packing a healthy lunch:
For More Information
For more information about healthy foods and cooking, visit the American Heart Association Nutrition Center.